Saturday, February 20, 2010

A cloudless day.

I had a very ruff night last night. Lots of pain. I have been trying to be cool about the pain pills my doctor has given me. (she has been very generous knowing how much pain this has caused me). Today was a breath taking beautiful day. Moving here and spending most of my adult life in the snow I am still amazed at how beautiful a day in Febuary can be. So today I got cleaned up by myself(I am not as unsteady on my feet as I was) and we decided to go visit the Quarter. Parking there is always a nightmare. But we did nd a spot and got out and walked around. I love the art galleries there and we visited this one. It inspired me to want to paint again. Painting to me is such a new thing. I hardly know what I'm doing but when I'm painting it feels really good. I just wish I knew some professional artist that could look at my stuff and offer an opinion. We wandered about then sat down at the Market cafe ate some pop corn shrimp (I had a beer) and listened to some live jazz. The guitar player was one of the best I've heard so far. We made our way back to the car where I had to direct Allison in getting out of our spot cuz some nit had parked so close he all but parked on top of us. We were sitting in the car when Allison observed that I had walked farther today than I had since I came home from the hospital. I had noticed that at first when we would get out I would tire so easily and was short of breath. This is the sickest I've ever been. But today was a good day. We went to the store to pick up stuff for fried chicken(dinner tonight) I have been trying to perfect my version of KFC for quite a few years. I can get pretty close. The key(those 11 herbs and spices) two things, dry italian salad dressing mix and powered tomatoe soup mix. Another key is to liberally salt the chicken as it comes out of the fryer. We got home and realized we had forgotten oil for the fryer. So Allison made tacos. We never have tacos anymore without fresh cilantro. We discovered that to get the real Mexico taste you have to have fresh cilantro. Not a bad day. I may recover from all.

No comments:

Post a Comment