Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Who I am and how I came to be here.

Welcome to my blog!(A first for me) I have never done this before but I have kept a personal journal for the last 15 years. Here I hope to share my thoughts and insights into my introduction to my new life here in NOLA(for those uninformed that stands for New Orleans LA)There will be a back story to the "strange trip" that led me from Fairbanks Alaska to New Orleans LA. What would posess a man at 54 to move from his home of over 18 years to move to a city where he knows not a single soul? Some would call that gutzy...most would call it utter folly. I call it God's leading. Let me start here to explain,I am a Christian..have been one since I was 15 years old..but this blog(like my music) is for everyone so let me put all of you at ease...I promise this will not be some forum for "ball and chain" religion. Let me make this distinction,I am a Christian,am I religious....not in the least!I am much like the Apostle Peter..a conflict...I love God,am a student of His Word yet daily drop the F bomb,smoke 2 packs of Marlboros a day and have a deep affection for a good bottle of Pinot daily. I have have found my faith to work in the real world when it come to what really counts. Who we love,who loves us and the people we serve. It's really all about Love...so if I can be so bold..at times my faith will play a part of this blog..for those who do not share this..read on anyway..hopefully this will be entertaining...even funny..
They say God's timing is perfect, well I find it...the word excapes me...God's appointment that dispite my wives serious study to get us to her Dad's place as soon as possible..we would arive here in New Orleans on my 54th birthday!...Welcome to the Soul of the South on the Day you were Born!..not to be overly dramatic..but I have learned these things don't happen often but when they do they are significant(my spelling sucks)and bodes of a "higher power" involment in my other wize hum drum normal life...well folks..enough for now,tommorrow we discuss driving,shopping and eating in the Big Easy...and what it's like to be a skinny rock guitar player from Fairbanks Alaska and find himself in the Soul of the South....live well,love long,eat well...and RAWK hard.....Stevie

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve, just read your blog and wanted you to know it was great to "hear" you talk on your blog...Glenn would enjoy the story about him. I will tell him about it next time I talk to him. Love you bro, you make NOLA sound wonderful, especially the food!

    ReplyDelete