Friday, December 25, 2009

Our First Christmas in NOLA

Our first Christmas. Cold this morning..46 but I AIN'T COMPLAINING..46 ABOVE BEATS 46 BELOW!!!!! Allison and I had a total NOLA dinner.A stuffed 3 inch pork loin chop with cornbread,bouidain sausage and oyster dressing. Fresh shrimp louey salad and an unbelievable oyster stew with creamy sause followed by frash italian twist garlic bread. The chop looked and tasted more like ham than a pork chop. God the food here is amazing. Tommorrow we go back to Gretna to the Panda King for DIM SUM!!!That place was so cool. The best oriental food I've had in 10 years..all fresh..they even had a station where you could pick different meats,sauses,veggies and have them stir fry it fresh on the spot....ok 1,056 more resturaunts to go. I've been getting yancy to play,and get a job. Can't do much about a gig till my gear gets here from AK. There is this local mag called "the Gambit"has a listing of clubs that feature live music and the type..there are ALOT of places to play. once I get my feet wet I hope to find a rhythm section that can go in both directions..because I play both the shred classic rock and Jazz. Regardless...I'm finally in a place where I can bloom(I hope)..this town is SO ALIVE. Ya I realize we just got here and there could be the "shoe waiting to drop" but in the face of all I have endured and over come by God's grace there is not much He and I can't handle. I feel like God has been preparing me for this place for 25 years. As this blog continues I will share more how I came to be who I am and what steps led me here. I want to be cautious because some of what I have experienced has been deeply spiritual and not a little bit strange...even to me.yet these events in my life brought me here and God..this mysterious all knowing all seeing power somehow took notice of this punk at 15 and decided He had a plan and purpose for me..at the time all I wanted to do was get high and suck face with as many girls as would let me....so for now..Merry Christmas my friends and may the new year grant you all your hearts desires...Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment