Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Joy of Cooking in NOLA

Our new place has a really nice kitchen. Allison and I are total food freaks and we love to cook. I was always into cooking and food but as with so many things when I met my amazing wife she brought out the dormant things that had been waiting for her arrival. My wife has been so influential in my development as a foodie,musician,and now southern gentleman..I am the student, she is the master....so the one thing we have longed for is a gas stove...With a gas stove it seems you can get even quick,controllable heat. Since we moved in I have been able to cook near perfect omelets. Something difficult back home. They come out fluffy, soft, and full of flavor..it seems pans heat up evenly and roasting,broiling has this natural element of fire. Seems every thing here has this "milk and honey" element to it...ya I know I just got here and all this is new..but hey even in my "honey moon" period with Allison...I knew we had something that would last a lifetime..7 years latter I was right...."I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans of Good and not evil, to give you a future and give you a hope"!!!Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milk and honey is certainly better then piss and vinegar and I must say that someday I would love to cook with gas and not at forty below. keep up the blog Steve while we, the ones left behind, ride your vicariously on your wings to a warmer future.

    ReplyDelete