Saturday, December 26, 2009

Culinary adventures and the joy of a GPS

Allison and got a Garmin gps as a gift from her dad some time ago. He does this thing called geocaching. Kinda fun,like a high tech version of scavenger hunt. On our trip down here and our adventures around the city it has been invaluable. Although at times it sends us off on a wild goose chase. We have been able to see parts of NOLA that we normally wouldn't. Lots of interesting and beautiful neighborhoods. One thing I've noticed about driving around here is due to the water table the streets are terrible.Full of pot holes and bumps. I thought Fairbanks was bad. We had DIM SUM for the first time today. It was great but because it was our first time we filled up on dumplings and didn't have room left for this really Delicious looking crispy fried duck ans snails. We'll know better next time. We had heard of a farmers market not far for there so we went to check it out. There wasn't much there but down the road we found a fresh sea food market where the fisherman deliver their daily catch to sell. Talk about fresh!. There was also a shop that sells specialty meats.(frog legs,rabbit etc) the guy said he could get us a suckling pig for as little as 4 bucks a pound!..on-line they run as much as 100.00. Next KOBE beef..
I am starting to get ancey to play. It's been awhile and if I spend to much time away from the stage I get cranky. Still I have to wait till my gear gets here from AK. This next week I start looking for a job. Tomorrow folks I may start sharing a little more of the strange set of steps that brought me here. Live well my friends....Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment